This job can be located in France, New York or Miami
The Tech team is pioneering a data-driven intelligent platform to optimize and grow E-commerce businesses. Our mission is to design advanced automation, decision-support tools and autonomous algorithms. We believe that human-machine collaboration is the key to capture new trends before they happen, deploy effective quantitative marketing strategies and best tailor our products to our customer’s needs. To achieve this vision, our Tech team relies on cutting-edge approaches to data and software engineering enabling us to quickly iterate new ideas and confidently turn them into data-driven products.
About the role
We are seeking an engineering director who has extensive experience leading cross-functional teams and projects that will deliver KANBAN style new features and systems to power our global ecommerce business.
As a Director of Engineering you will be responsible for gathering all technical requirements, developing and managing technical implementation plans, including architecting scalable solutions, and effectively managing cross-functional software engineering teams.
You will also be responsible for ensuring the timely delivery of large and complex projects, evaluating, tracking, and reporting on technical progress, results, risks, mitigation and opportunities for projects, as well as driving engineering process improvements across teams.
You feel comfortable injecting your expertise to support development teams, leading agile project management and developing achievable plans of actions. You know how to quickly build partnerships across multiple internal cross functional groups. You can identify and improve internal processes and execution. You have successfully managed large technical projects where you were viewed as a solutions provider; and you were able to drive projects through implementation. You strive for engineering excellence.
What you will do
- Manage product and engineering team to deliver KANBAN style roadmap aligned to business domain priorities and KPIs
- Implement best practice engineering methods and architectural decisions
- Provide technical guidance to engineering teams and top management
- Project manage delivery of concurrent software development projects
- Get your hands dirty - leading technical projects and solutions at the 1-ft and 1000-ft level (as needed)
- Mentor and develop other engineers to help them expand their skills and grow in their career
- Guide system architecture and collaborate across groups on system and data architecture.
- Build features and systems alongside the engineering teams, when necessary.