About the role:
Branded is looking for an experienced Global Financial Controller to build our controllership function. You will report to our CFO and partner with our leadership teams across Branded global organization. You will be responsible for building the function and improving the controls and processes of month-end-close, financials reporting, finance operations, and M&A activities. You will need to be hands-on, self-starting, and a detailed-oriented individual.
As a core leader of the finance team, you will be responsible for inspiring your team, peers, and leadership, and building an effective and engaged team while supporting their development.
What you will do:
- Lead the controllership team, teach best practices and processes and mentorship and inspire direct reports and broader team
- Build the company’s global controllership function - need to be able to get down into the details to understand and build best practices, ensure compliance with regulations, build the team and infrastructure to support rapid growth.
- Own the global end-to-end monthly, quarterly, and annual close process and related reporting, general ledger, and consolidation.
- Lead and manage all accounting activities across the organization, to ensure compliance with GAAP, SEC regulations, statutory guidelines, and internal financial policies and procedures
- Manage the quarterly reporting calendar, the timely and accurate preparation, review, and filing of all external financial reports
- Drive operational excellence across the accounting and finance operations (AR, AP, T&E, Payroll)
- Set accounting policies and procedures; build and maintain strong control environment to support the company's hyper-growth
- Provide guidance on US GAAP technical accounting
- Manage the external auditors, ensure green audit and local statutory compliance
- Manage international accounting of subsidiaries and international expansion
- Consolidate financials of all subsidiaries
- Work closely with the M&A team to optimize M&A integration
- Transition the organization to a new enterprise accounting and reporting systems
- Leverage technology to build scalable processes to create efficiencies, streamline accounting operations and reduce risk
- Work closely and collaboratively with leaders across the organization
- Participate in key-strategic initiatives and ad-hoc projects as needed